Thank you for your interest in VMG Publishing a subsidiary of Voir Media Group referred to in the proceeding document as VMG.
It is our policy to refuse to accept or read unsolicited material. Therefore, we do not send out release forms and unsolicited materials are not permitted to reach any person who is authorized either to review or edit manuscripts, books, articles, product or the like.
The proper way of submitting literary or dramatic material to this website is through either a recognized literary agent, or through the appropriate “contact” page where you must accept these terms and conditions and agree to all the conditions thereunder, but only after your submission request has been approved. This system serves two purposes: to protect both the writer and the publishing company and to act as a screening process. If you feel, in the future, that you do have material that would be of interest to VMG, please obtain a literary agent or submit your work through the channels listed above.
Submission of manuscript via the contact submission form constitutes an agreement between Writer and VMG concerning the Writers submission to VMG of certain literary materials and/or ideas, as described below. Writer and VMG hereby agree to the following:
- Writer represents that the ideas and the literary elements contained in the submission are original with the Writer and that no person or entity other than those whose name appears on the submission has collaborated with Writer in creating the submission or has any ownership rights in the Submission. Writer represents and warrants that Writer is the owner and author of the Submission and the Writer has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit the same to VMG up on the terms and conditions stated herein. Writer indemnifies and holds harmless Gliterary Girl Media Group from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses or liabilities (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) that may be asserted against VMG or incurred by VMG at any time in connection with the Submission or any use thereof, including, without imitation, those arising from any breach or alleged breach of the representations and warranties given by the Writer herein.
- Writer acknowledges that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between VMG and Writer, and Writer further acknowledges that no such relationships are established between VMG and Writer by reason of this agreement or by reason of Writer’s submission to VMG of the Submission. VMG is free to disclose or use the submission as it deems appropriate. Further, VMG is free to accept or reject Writer’s submission in the exercise of its sole discretion.
- Writer acknowledges that VMG has or may have had access to and/or may independently create or may have created materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Submission or the idea, theme, format, plot or other elements of the Submission and Writer agrees that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation if VMG or any of its staff produces/writes/publishes any similar or identical material which may have been independently created by VMG or may have come from other independent sources, including but not limited to Gliterary Girl.
- Neither VMG’s consideration of Writers submission nor any subsequent negotiations between the Parties regarding the Submission shall be deemed an admission of VMG of the novelty of any ideas contained therein, or of the priority of Writers’s Submission over other submissions, or the originality of Writers Submission. No agreement to pay any compensations shall be implied from VMG’s consideration of the Submission or from the failure of VMG to respond after receiving Submission.
- This agreement applies equally to any material which the Writer may submit to VMG unless the parties agree to the contrary in writing.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements executed and to be fully performed therein.